Saturday, June 21, 2008

Blast from the Past - II

So, here's a follow-up to my last post.

First, a quick aside. This has already been discussed with Steve so he won't read it here for the first time. I also don't consider it a huge deal. A deal, knowing the male ego, just not huge.

My encounter with Chris on Saturday night resulted in some mind-blowing, intense sex. Perhaps the best, pure physical, sex I've ever experienced. It was emotional as well, don't get me wrong. But, primarily, it had a raw, primeval dimension that can't be feigned or reproduced at will.

If I had to rate lovers, admittedly a crude endeavor and one open to gross oversimplification, Chris would receive a B. Steve, an A or A-. Both have flaws as lovers, as do I.

I raise this as a point of discussion. Chris is not a consistent B. He is sometimes a B- and sometimes a C or C+. However, he can also rise to an A+ or A++ at times. Sometimes brilliant, much less so at other times.

Steve is consistently very good. It's kind of like having a streaky hitter on your team as opposed to a reliable hitter. Player X might hit .425 in May but .225 in June whereas Player Y hits .325 in May and June.

So, I guess my question is: If you had to choose, do you go with the streaky, .325 hitter or the consistent .325 hitter? As for me, .425 in May is terrific but what about June? I'll take consistency over flashes of brilliance.

Admittedly, this ignores a major component of sex, at least for me: emotional attachment and love. That colors everything, relegating the physical to the back of the room.

A somewhat related question: Is a person style in bed indicative of other aspects of their life? For instance, is someone that is hot and cold as a lover also erratic in their life outside the bedroom? I do believe that selfish lovers are usually selfish people.

Now, on to other things:

Our friends at Erotic Union have posted a Part Two to a story featuring Steve and I. We really enjoyed the story and look forward to more. It's a real thrill to be a character in a story, especially one as fun to read as this one. They're good friends at Erotic Union and they run one of the more fun sex blogs. We highly recommend Erotic Union for sex blog readers. Plus, the photographs of HER are quite hot!

Also, Lou, at Unfettered Cravings had some very sweet things to say about me. I'd like to thank him. He doesn't update often but Unfettered Cravings is another quality blog that should be a must read for sex blog aficionados.

Thank you for the kind words. It's very much appreciated and humbling as well.

1 comment:

saratoga said...

Piper-

I'd say sexual style is indicative of outside-the-bed style as well.

Certainly it was with XM. Inconsistent in bed, inconsistent outside, too.

There were absolute grand slams (of my ass with her strapon) in bed, and some partial attempts, too.

Life with her for the most part was a roller-coaster, off of which I now am, for good.

-saratoga