Monday, June 30, 2008

False Advertisements

There should be a Department of Justice division devoted to false advertisements in the feminine hygiene advertising field.

As an aside, this post was inspired by Lenora's post over at Enchanted Palms.

Not having experienced a overly difficult period for six or seven months, I paid for it last week. Just a bad time with the PMS, which included a terrific migraine. I won't bore you with the details.

As I lay on the couch, in a generally miserable condition, I was subjected to a number of television commercials devoted to feminine hygiene products. Who writes these pieces? It's not a woman, I can tell you that right now.

I'm thirty-two years old. I began menstruating more than seventeen years ago. I know many women. They all menstruate. I have never, ever, ever witnessed a menstruating female, cramped, bloated etc. use a product that caused her to skip, merrily along the beach. Why are we always skipping, dancing and twirling in these commercials?

Or gathering flowers. That's another favorite.

OK. I'm done now. Thanks for listening.

On the upside, I did find an enjoyable blog. A blog I consider (for what its worth) one of the better adult blogs out there. If you haven't visited it, check out Married Exploits. Personally, I love the classic theme. There's also Roxy's Uncommon Curiosity, another blog worth checking out.

I'll be better next time. I promise. Now I have to go pirouette on the beach.

3 comments:

nina said...

I know many women. They all menstruate. I have never, ever, ever witnessed a menstruating female, cramped, bloated etc. use a product that caused her to skip, merrily along the beach.

ROFLMFAO!

Oh good lord I needed that this morning! :P

Um, no, not so much.


nina

saratoga said...

Hey Piper!

Hope you feel better soon!

-saratoga

Penelope said...

Hi- thanks for the shout out! I like your blog too! I've just added you to the blogroll.