Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tales from the Cape

Our official summer vacation was everything a vacation should be. The week was relaxing and although we do not travel that great a distance, traffic was stress free. The weather wasn't great but on the whole, no too bad. Thursday saw rain, but that's fine. Nothing like cuddling-up with a good book on a rainy day.

We spent the first three days alone. Just Steve and I. We even made a pact not to discuss the wedding. A pact we almost kept.

I love the time I spend at the house and hope to get back there for at least one long weekend before summer ends. I love waking to the sounds of the ocean. I love that the sound of a phone seems alien. I love that the television, and even the radio, is rarely on.

Most of all, the entire atmosphere does two things to Steve:

1) Makes him more amorous and horny;
2) Makes him more intimate.

Why amorous and horny? I make a distinction. For me amorous implies a full range of romantic actions: holding hands, long walks, talking, staring into each others eyes, discussing important things. Horny to me implies a much more base instinct. These getaways bring out the romantic in Steve and the animal. It's kind of like living with Larry Talbot, without the claws.

I got to see both sides and liked it.

Our first night ended in a slow, passionate, lovemaking session after sharing a wonderful Petite Syrah. It was an intimate night with a lot of hand holding and gazing into eyes (each others). I needed to be held, told I was beautiful, told that I was loved.

I thought the next night would be a pass. Both of us were exhausted and ready for bed early. But no. In contrast to the previous evening, where we evoked Burt Lancaster and Deborah Kerr in From Here to Eternity, Sunday night was like a scene from Bend Over Babes. Heck, I thought afterwards that Steve might thank me, throw a few dollars onto the damp mattress and leave.

Later in the week we had some friends over. That's for the next post.

And before I forget, and I usually do:

A big thanks to our friends at Erotic Union for riffing on my last post. It's always an honor when fellow bloggers dedicate an entire entry to something you've written. They've become pretty good friends as well. Thanks Guys!

Alicia's got a great post at Night Orchid. One I really enjoyed. I suspect male road trips are not quite the same.


One of the best male bloggers, Wanton Maleness, has an intense post. As I mentioned in a comment to him, I thought it was powerful but made me vaguely uneasy. Not uneasy in a negative way, just uneasy.

And The Butterfly Temptress has been back for a while. This post is why I missed her.


Finally, does anyone else find it amusing that Blogger spellcheck doesn't recognize the term 'bloggers?'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading about your adventure, your closeness. I know all too well how rare those times are. No words can describe what that sort of intimacy truly means or how it feels, but yours were the closest I've read. (I'm jealous of your trip to the Cape...I'd kill for a week at any beach!)

Thanks for linking to my post. I've missed everyone so much. Truly, it feels like I have finally come home.

nina said...

Heck, I thought afterwards that Steve might thank me, throw a few dollars onto the damp mattress and leave.

lmfao! You're such a slut! hahaha!

xoxo,
nina