Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Few Musings

The ancient Greeks viewed unmarried women of child-bearing years as dangerous and wild: Something to be tamed. I wonder if some residual of our ancestors beliefs have remained with us after all these years.

In the extremely short time I have been married I have noticed a subtle shift in the way I am treated by the women in Steve's family and, to a lesser extent, the women in my family. To be perfectly clear, Steve's Mother, Grandmother and sisters have always treated me with the utmost kindness and love. I have no complaints whatsoever. I am now treated differently, however.

It's difficult to describe this subtle change. It's now as if I'm part of a club. The thing is, I did not know there was a club. My opinions, likes, dislikes seem to be given more weight. I've been consulted about Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The men in Steve's family treat me like they always have, like a daughter or sister or niece. They were, and remain, sweet and protective of me.

Maybe I'm making more out of this than need be. Maybe I'm hyper-sensitive. I find it humorous that after all these years it's the women that seem to impute to marriage a certain stamp of approval while the men treat me as they always have.

On the lighter side, married sex is awesome. We have a ton of morning sex, which I love. Night time sex has been great as well. Very soft and romantic, which I like. In fact, if I could have my way, I'd say 50% hot/hard, treat me like a slut, sex and 50% slow, passionate, romantic, sex would be ideal. I'm sure we'll return to the former soon but there's been a lot of the latter.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Greg and Sheryl said...

Congratulations on your newlywed status! We are looking forward to reading about how your life evolves as a married woman.