Saturday, November 29, 2008

It's All About the Pie

I hope everyone had a terrific Thanksgiving. It's really a great Holiday, isn't it? Family, food, fun and a long-weekend. The only thing missing is the hectic lunacy that surrounds Christmas. Quite the perfect Holiday if you ask me.

My big triumph for the week were making two outstanding pies, one blueberry one pumpkin. They came out great. The apple pie, I didn't get quite right. This is a big deal because the older generation of women in my family are big pie makers and you will get graded on your pies. Fortunately, you don't have to show your work. Well, they raved about both, even though I had to use frozen blueberries for the one.

Here's an interesting, new blog for you. Steve and I both enjoy what we've read so far at Broadening our Horizons . Go check it out when you have a minute.

I skipped Black Friday. Too much craziness. I am going shopping today, though. Thought I'd pick up some new lingerie to try on for my Husband. We're going to a wedding tonight. The reception is at a hotel and we booked a room for the night.

Sorry for the lame posts lately but it's just been so crazy the past few weeks.

No comments: