Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sexy Things

The other day a girlfriend and I were chatting about what we find sexy in the male of the species. I thought I'd share.

1. Sense of Humor

This is a must for me. I always think that funny people are smart people. Besides, I like a man that can entertain me and make me laugh. I'm old-fashioned that way. I can't imagine spending a significant amount of time with one of those overly serious men who don't get sarcasm, satire or appreciate the absurdities of life.

2. Self Confidence

Isn't there something sexy about a self-confident man? I like the take charge type. I suppose, in a away, it is a sign that he can take care of me and will take care of me. The self confidence can't spill over into arrogance and I find a know-it-all hopelessly dull. Knowing what you want and knowing how to get it is one thing. Self confidence that lacks the know how to back it up just makes you look like an idiot.

3. Kindness

It's not just for chicks anymore. A man who has the ability and desire to do kind things is a gem. It keeps that self confidence from spilling over into arrogance and shows me it's not all about him. Quoting Ayn Rand is decidedly not sexy and won't get me under the covers.

4. Guy Stuff

Yes, I like a guy who likes guy stuff. There's something comforting about knowing that your man would rather be playing hockey or baseball with the guys than sitting at home crocheting. If he rolls his eyes at the Lifetime Movie I'm watching, so much the better.

There's few things more sexy than when Steve comes home after a game or a run and is soaked with sweat. Of course, he better hop in the shower right after he comes home, but it's still sexy.

5. Broad Shoulders and Muscular Arms

Two of each, of course. 'Nuff said.

2 comments:

Kayess said...

Good point about self confidence. It's like Ayn Rand says, "The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone."

Anonymous said...

Great list....I'll have to post a companion piece on what I find attractive in women in the next few days. But my list would definitely include: brains, self-confidence (in life and sex), great eyes and a great smile.