Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Quick Note

I want to take the time to thank all of you that still stop by. I also want to thank those that have e-mailed me recently, if the past few months can be considered recent. Thanks, all of you. Most of the e-mails are very sweet.

I used to respond to every e-mail. Sad to say, I don't respond at all anymore, unless it's a fellow blog friend. It's nothing personal, so don't think I'm being rude. It's just that lately, I've taken a step back from being wired, plugged in, technofied.

I spend a lot less time on the computer, with e-mails, cell phones. I rarely text now, I'm not on Face Book and I no longer feel the need to answer the damn phone every time it rings. And you know what? I'm happier, more relaxed and I love it.

Luddite? No! I do appreciate technology and all it can offer. It just seems we've gotten a bit carried away. I mean, answering your cell phone while you're talking face to face with someone? Really?

I'm rambling, as usual.

As an aside, where have all the bloggers gone? I miss my old pals that used to line the right side of our page. So many have closed-up shop. I miss them. Please, let me know if you've discovered any, new promising blogs out there. Podcasts are fun but blogging is its own art form and when done well, highly entertaining.

See you soon.

2 comments:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Fact is, I’ll croak. You’ll croak. All of U.S. will croak someday. Don’t get so caught-up in this passing-world you lose your immortal soul. I gave-up my hard-won, black belt to fight for Heaven (I had a promising career in aikido/karate) What R you gonna give-up to rise-up? --- I'd so love to nekk with you in Heaven, girl. God bless you.

Lou said...

I know for me, I didn't plan on disappearing. A couple of jobs that took up way too much time in tandem with attempts at seeking a solid partner got in the way for a while. I'm in better places in both arenas now, and my cravings continue. You can find me at Twitter, on Facebook, or at gmail. I miss the fun and exchange we all had...maybe I should try to bring the blog back some how or some way :-) Miss you guys much, adore you still....

Lou formerly of UnfetteredCravings