Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Look

Does your guy have a look? A certain glance that makes your knees go weak, makes your butter melt, ignites your pilot light?

Steve has a look that reminds me that we are not only boyfriend/girlfriend, fiance/fiancee but also passionate lovers.

It would be almost wrong if I could paint a complete picture of that look. As wrong as it would be if Steve could summon that look at will.

We were at a bar last night, celebrating a friend's promotion. I was speaking to a few friends. Steve was about twenty feet away, speaking to a group of friends. He was dressed in a casual yet rugged way that I love: jeans, well-worn sweater and his duster. His face sported an awesome five-o'clock shadow. Just the right amount of time between shaves.

Every now and then I'd look up from my conversation at the same time he'd look up. I'd get that look. Of course, once he realizes he's got me....the look vanishes. That's fine. Transitory moments are all the more valuable because they are transitory. Permanency can be overrated.

In other news...

Nina, at Lazy Geisha, had an amusing post about sex in her In-Laws home. That brought back memories but I'll leave that for another post.

No comments: