Monday, April 28, 2008

Shameless Self-Promotion

I had the most wonderful surprise today. While perusing one of my favorite blogs, I came across this post!

Saratoga is one of my favorite blogs and it was quite a thrill to see that I was the protagonist in a piece of fiction. Imagine that!

Once, quite a while ago, I was featured in a set of stories on a diary that, alas, no longer exists. I'm not afraid to say that I love being the subject of a fictional work. Yes, I am shameless.

More importantly, it's a sincere honor to have a fellow blogger use their time to write about you. Thank You, Saratoga, from the bottom of my heart.

The post is a very interesting experiment for a sex writer. I'm not a dominatrix. I'm not dominate. I'm very submissive and so is Saratoga. What the author did was to try and fulfill a fantasy I mentioned in a comment (something that will remain an unfulfilled fantasy), satisfy the dominatrix theme of the blog while being as true to my nature as possible.

That necessitates depth both in desire and motivation. I greatly appreciate that Saratoga didn't just write an out-and-out fantasy without any consideration for my personality. It was deftly handled and I eagerly await the sequel. Hey, maybe it will even be a trilogy!

Would I consider 'acting' the part? Maybe. I love some of the outfits in the photos posted on the blog. Don't think I could pull it off but damn: what women doesn't feel at least slightly empowered in high-heeled leather boots? So, I might consider some role-playing. The problem is, would I be any good at it? It would be acting and frankly, I'm not an actress.

Steve has read the post and will share his thoughts. That should be interesting.

So, to Saratoga, thank you for the time, thoughtfulness and effort you gave me in the post. It was a lot of fun to read and...well...hot!

If you're interested in some edgy topics handled in a thoughtful manner, I highly recommend Saratoga. It's quality goods.

1 comment:

saratoga said...

Hi Piper-

I'm so glad you enjoyed the first part of the fictional story based on you and your comment.

It's fun to do, and, frankly, almost wrote itself. But I appreciate your awareness of my effort and your thanks.

I'll be interested in Steve's reaction. Actually, while I wouldn't write it, I thought of another, parallel series involving his own...err....fulfillment.

But, back to your story...

Yes, I think you (and Steve) actually could bring this off. Not only did I try, in part one, and will further in part two, use what I've learned of your own character, but the entire context and process is quite feasible.

In discussing this with XM and another Domina friend, both agreed that it is more than possible to emulate in real life.

I've actually pretty much finished part two. And, yes, you must be clairvoyant, Piper, because it looks like it's going to spill over into a short third episode, as well.

Thanks for the effusive compliments. I'm so pleased that what began as your innocent comment became, on a lark, a fun short story exercise that many, including you, are enjoying.

-saratoga