Sunday, May 18, 2008

Fiction Geek

My fictional self has been busier than I have of late.

I've had the honor of being in a second, fiction-piece. This time it's featured on Erotic Union, a blog maintained by a wonderful and sexy married couple that have become good blog friends. It's such a treat and quite flattering to be the subject, or one of the subjects, of a fictional work. Steve and I owe them a sincere thanks and look forward to the completion of the tale.

Question is: If I do something my fictional character has done, do I owe anyone royalties?

Speaking of Erotica, we have added a link, over on the right. It's Alicia Night Orchid. Alicia blogs but focuses primarily on her award-winning erotica. If you enjoy well-written, thoughtful erotica, this may be the place for you. It's high-caliber prose, unlike so much of the scribblings you find on the Internet.

And speaking of fiction, some friends and I had the most wonderful conversation a while back. What fictional books would you most like to read? Not actual works of fiction, but books mentioned in works of fiction. Yes, I'm a geek.

For instance, I always wanted to read The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism. This is the outlawed book authored by Emmanuel Goldstein, from Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four. I don't know if I could read it cover-to-cover but I'd at least browse for a few hours.

Others:

The King in Yellow, a fictional play in Robert Chambers book, The King in Yellow;

Poems and Rhymes Around the World, from Palahniuk's Lullaby;

The Slayer Handbook, from Buffy, author unknown;

And, slightly off-topic, the suppressed film from Campbell's, Ancient Images. Campbell's novel is about the search for a 1938 horror film that, legend has it, starred Lugosi and Karloff. The film was immediately suppressed and no copies can be found.

I know it's geeky as hell but feel free to add your choices.

2 comments:

nina said...

I've had the honor of being in a second, fiction-piece. This time it's featured on Erotic Union, a blog maintained by a wonderful and sexy married couple that have become good blog friends.

Well aren't you the popular slut! lol! ;)



Mwah!

xoxo,
nina

saratoga said...

Piper-

For me, it would be the fictional book in Umberto Eco's The Name of the Rose.

The Coena Cyriani, it would have been a splenddidly naughty volume to digest.

-saratoga