Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Moving Forward

So many choices.

Some things you have to experience for yourself. I mean, I always knew that wedding preparations could get stressful. I always knew that marriage ceremonies had become a huge business. But, until you experience it as one of the two participants, you don't realize how many choices you have to make. Not to mention the choices within the choices. It's dizzying.

Thankful, I'm marrying a smart, man's man that is generally allowing me (and my advisory council) to make the important decisions. Steve has displayed just enough interest to humor me but never interferes with my vision.

I won't bore you with my indecision.

Here's what I'm considering, if not the actual dress than something similar (yes I'm wearing white so stop laughing). I really like it.







I just love the beading. The problem is that I'm not a big fan of the current trends which are running away from the traditional towards the trumpet-flare style one sees in movies from the '30's and '40's. Something Veronica Lake might slip into for a cocktail party. Which is great, but not for a wedding. I want tradition and simplicity.

For a headpiece, I want something simple. I've pretty much settled on this one.



Simple but elegant, or at least I think it's elegant.

My Mother and future Mother-in-Law have been, with rare exceptions, great and extremely helpful. It's rather funny to watch them in wedding-plan mode. They are two traditional women: dignified, gracious, poised and both defer to their husbands.....in public. In private, not so much. They approach wedding planning like engineers and works crews building a skyscraper - they are all business and highly efficient. If NASA had these two, we would have placed a man on the Moon much earlier.

2 comments:

nina said...

Love the dress Piper!

(yes, I'm laughing over you in white! j/k!)

It's actually beautiful hon! <3

Ah yes... MiL... ugh...

xoxo,
nina

Erotic Union said...

We love the dress! You wear whatever color you want. I am sure you will look stunning! Sounds like Steve has already learned, just nod say that looks great and grab a beer hehehe.

Have a great wekeend

J & J