Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Position on a Position

Sex is many thing: Intimate, romantic, intense and yes, funny. Nothing lends itself to sexual humor like various sexual positions. Chickpea's classic blog, On the Prowl, is a trove of wonderful posts. Her recent one involves a sexual position that seems more like urban legend than an actual physical possibility. I speak, of course, of .... propeller sex?

The answer to the question, 'can it be done,' is second only to the question, 'why would you want to do it?' I suppose the answer to the second question is linked to the first: Because it can be done. Not unlike the reason for climbing Mount Everest.

Also, as pointed out by Chickpea, the position gives the woman a birds-eye view of the least appealing portions of a man's body. Of course, not all male ass is created equal. The male bodies that make many women moist are rarely attached to men we actually meet. Most of us don't meet and date male models, Olympic athletes and ballet dancers. We meet and date men that may or may not have nice builds. But, it's one thing for a 6ft man to have size 34 waist and broad shoulders (that's a nice build), it's quite another for him to have me pinned to the bed, spinning around with his ass in my face. There are some male asses I wouldn't mind in my face. The chances of me meeting the men attached to those asses (or is it assi) is remote. More remote is the chance that I'd be in a position to turn down or accept sex with these men.

Part of this is because my picture of 'masculinity' is primarily non-visual. It's a personality, a character an attitude. In many cases we have sex with you despite your body, not because of it (OK, that was a joke). It's just that looks and body don't matter too much to many women, especially after we get to know the person. It's how a man makes us feel. That's not to say we don't like a handsome face or someone in reasonably good shape. We do. It's just a small part of a much broader package.

I've digressed. In summation, just say no to propeller sex. It gives dirty sex a bad name.

3 comments:

Penelope said...

Propeller sex?? lol.. gives the impression that someone is rotating, so the guy's ass wouldn't be in her face the whole time would it? (:

Good point...women are not nearly as visual as men when it comes to sex and bodies and being turned on.

relevent married guy said...

Hmmmm.....I never have tried this. I can spin Ally around on top of me though!
:)

Chickpea said...

It's not so much the ass and it is the taint and anus region that I was referring to. I wouldn't call it dirty sex either... I'd call it impossible ridiculous penis-breaking sex. Thanks for the link!