Saturday, February 23, 2008

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is evidence that Satan exists.

It's such a strange "Holiday."

On the one hand, it feels so manufactured - Thank You, Hallmark. On the other hand, if you ignore this commercially-generated day, you're a Romance Scrooge.

On the one hand it's not a bad thing to have a day were we celebrate love. On the other, it reminds us that we don't celebrate love and our loved one's enough and have to set aside a day and be told to do it.

Satan does exists and he works in greeting cards.

Should I complain? Not at all. Piper made it a great night. She cooked a delicious meal, purchased the perfect wine and rented a top-notch action flick that she knew I'd enjoy. She also got me a really fun, thoughtful gift that I wasn't expecting.


While we watched the movie Piper surrounded herself with wedding related magazines. She seemed so happy. Happy to be with me and happy to be getting married. For a woman that derives so much pleasure from pleasing others it was very satisfying to see her so happy.

I often wonder if men appreciate the joy in making others happy. I'm not saying that I asked this fine woman to marry me just to make her happy. I'm pleased it did. It has made me happier as well. I just think I never wholly realized the satisfaction gained from the happiness of others.

Some men do, I'm sure. Not everyone has my wide selfish streak. Lately, her happiness and joy has become mine as well, moreso than ever before.

It's humbling.

1 comment:

saratoga said...

hhmmm.....

I just think I never wholly realized the satisfaction gained from the happiness of others.

Some men do, I'm sure. Not everyone has my wide selfish streak. Lately, her happiness and joy has become mine as well, moreso than ever before.

It's humbling.


Indeed, it can be, Steve.

Surely, you are not becoming Piper's submissive?

I'm partly in jest, partly not. Because the primary driver of a male submissive like me is to derive my pleasure from my Female partner's pleasure.

And yes, acknowledging that can be humbling...and so, so much more.

Been wearing any leather lately, Piper?

*smile*

Best to you both- sincerely-

-saratoga