Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ideas

Steve and I are happy to see that Nina's back! Her eclectic musings have always been a hit with both of us. We're happy to see Nina back at it. Go get 'em, Sweetie.

Through some comments we found another blog you might enjoy: Shared Cindy. It's a hot wife blog and done quite well. We both enjoy Shared Cindy and thought you might as well.

And Saratoga uncovers some plagiarism in the FemDom blogosphere.

I find the theft of words and ideas despicable and much more disturbing than the theft of personal property. Granted, that's in the abstract. If someone breaks into your home and rifles through your belongings, it's bad. There's the potential for physical violence and the one place where you should always feel safe has been violated. Yet, the motive is apparent and most property can be replaced.

Why steal the thoughts or ideas that someone else has reduced to writing? Especially for a blog. It is inexplicable. And the funny thing is, the worst part of plagiarism is the laziness. Ideas are free for the taking. A young boy, from humble beginnings becomes an important person after a series of challenges? Could be King Arthur, could be Luke Skywalker. Hell, it could be Don Corleone. Steal the idea, but for heaven's sake, do something original with that idea. And do it with some style. You can get away with a lot, if you do it with some style.

Wow, could I be more preachy.

2 comments:

saratoga said...

Piper-

could I be more preachy?

Probably not, but I love it! Thanks for the mention and moral support.

Hope you and Steve are well.

*hugs*

-saratoga

Unknown said...

I had to take Shared Cindy off my bookmarks because I was spending too much time in bed with my favorite toy! :S