Thursday, October 9, 2008

Reader Questions

Today, we bring you another edition of Reader Questions.
I read a some of your latest entries and was wondering what happens if either you or Steve objects to the other's partner that you want to have a physical relationship with, will you honor the other's request to not have a physical relationship with that person?

Also, what would happen if either of you requests that the other not participate in physical relationships outside your future marriage or current relationship? Is that something that either of you have contemplated? I was wondering what would happen if either of you decides that they no longer wanted to share the other with another person outside the relationship? Which leads me to ask, is the swinging a vital aspect of your relationship or just an entertaining mutual interest between the two of you that you could easily walk away from if the other person wanted to stop swinging.

Now, let is bring in our roundtable. Just joking.

I love reader inquiries because it gives me something to post when I have nothing. So, thank you for the question.

The first question is easy: Yes! I will always honor any of Steve's requests to cease a relationship. I believe Steve would as well since he has in the past. I really think this is a no-brainer, at least for us. Steve is ready, willing and eager to share me with some men. After those encounters our relationship goes on, happy and healthy. If he objects to someone, then I have to hear and respect that objection, no questions asked. Since Steve instigates most encounters, this is rarely an issue. It's not as if I'm trolling the bars at night bringing home strangers.

There was a time when I had to chat with Steve about some of his choices. He was fooling around with some people I did not consider mature enough to handle things. He dated a girl a few years younger than he was and she didn't seem capable of handling things. I did not want some chick showing up on my doorstep some night crying or yelling or making a scene. Drama loses it's appeal when you hit a certain age. I suggested he be more selective. Steve took that to heart and he has been more selective.

If you love someone, you honor reasonable requests. It's not as if you're asking someone to change the type of coffee they drink.

I abhor control freaks. One thing I do not do is keep track of Steve's doings, on any level. If he says, 'I'm going out with the guys,' I do not ask with whom, where, when , what... This has borne the unexpected fruit of being informed of his plans, in detail. I mean, leave it to men: Don't pry and they open up. Pry and they snap shut like a bear trap.

I'll address the remainder of the question next time. I'll open up the comments. We'd love for others to relay their thoughts or experiences on this issue.

3 comments:

lclassyfun said...

hey piper~absolutely! we never take one for the team :) i kid r about having lower standards sometimes, but we usually just kind of know if "play time " is going to happen.he knows my tastes in partners pretty well. and i can always tell when he wants to fuck some chick- he is so obvious.i loved the bachelor party story as well:)
all grooms should be so lucky.

peace and pussy~s

we haven't done the anal yet but i'm feeling good about it:)

Erotic Union said...

I know that you did not ask, but I will answer the questions as well. We have always said that we have veto power no matter what. Like the previous comment, no one takes one for the team. I love watching her with certain other men, but if I felt bothered in any way I would tell her. The same goes for her. We have talked about the sharing thing and for this time in our life it works. We enjoy it from time to time, but in no way does it define our relationship. I am 100% sure that if either one of us wanted to stop, we would and it would not be an issue. I am sure of that.

Now if there is any way we can get you (Piper) and my wife together.. now that would be fun. hehehe are we starting to come across at cyber stalkers. haha We love you and Steve and can't wait to read more about your adventures.

how is the wedding stuff coming along??

c-ya

vsk witness said...

I like this sentence: "If you love someone, you honor reasonable requests." What if your partner makes what you think is an unreasonable request? Ah, your way sounds good, but I have had some difficulty with reason and emotion. Sometimes you can get two strong answers.

I will be using this sentence, repeatedly for the forseeable future. On myself.